‘Let’s just drop that thing and hope it floats’ method.
A year ago, Red Bull made world headlines when they helped daredevil Felix Baumgartner jump from the stratosphere. That video now stands with over 35 million views!
Cleverbot is the most hilarious robot on the Internet.
Cleverbot has learned to chat from the millions of conversations it’s had with real people. These are some incredibly important and slightly worrying lessons that you can learn from talking with Cleverbot…
1. That most people aren’t thinking big enough when they have cybersex.
2. That a truly great story requires a truly great storyteller.
3. That there is actually a correct answer to the great enigma that is Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday.’
4. That a quick wit can get you out of almost any situation.
5. That there is only one way to beat The Sims
6. That the alternate version of the Fresh Prince theme song is incredibly intense.
7. That bringing up Metallica in conversation can lead to some very interesting places.
8. That positive reinforcement is sometimes better than education.
9. That playing at cops and robbers can be sexy sometimes.
10. That just a little bit of lateral thinking can give you some truly excellent ideas.
11. That you shouldn’t reference Internet memes in conversation, no matter how funny you think you are.
12. That everybody is different, and we should try not to be judgemental, but also, ouch.
13. That love is often strange.
14. That logic always beats rhetoric.
15. That love is blind, but that doesn’t mean it’s not cute.
16. That there is a time and a place for everything.
17. That the “Sick Burn Switcharoo” insult technique never gets old.
18. … though going straight for the jugular can be pretty effective as well.
19. That just because something starts really well doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to end really well.
20. That nobody wants to talk about Pokemon with you for very long.
21. That when someone says they’re not interested, they’re probably not interested.
22. That you should always use protection.
23. That true wisdom is all the encouragement you need.
24. That if you get in an argument with Cleverbot, you are probably going to lose.
25. That you probably shouldn’t talk to strangers.
26. And that robots are very, very frighting indeed.
The bad news: Channing Tatum doesn’t take off his shirt in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
The worse news: Co-star D.J. Cotrona (Detroit 1-8-7) does take his shirt off in the movie — but the scene was cut from the film.
The great news: Miraculously, Paramount released a photo of this scene, which we are bringing to you above.
The context: Director Jon M. Chu told me that the bar scene with Tatum, Cotrona, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was cut and re-shot early last year — before the film’s release date was pushed from June 2012 to this weekend — without Cotrona because it wasn’t successfully conveying the warmth of the relationship between Tatum and Johnson’s characters. “It was more plot-driven,” Chu said. “It didn’t set the tone right for movie. We wanted something a little more jokey.” So out went Cotrona, and in went a scene of Tatum and Johnson bonding while playing a military video game. With their shirts on. I know!
Even if you’re not into gardening yourself, the plant sculptures in the international Montreal Mosaiculture Exhibition will blow your mind. As defined in the official website of the event, mosaiculture “is a refined horticultural art that involves creating and mounting living artworks made primarily from plants with colourful foliage (generally annuals, and occasionally perennials).” It is also a highly complex form of art, requiring different sets of skills from all the participating artists: not only do they have to plan and build the framework of the sculpture and match the colors, it is also important to understand the maintenance of each plant they use. [Read more…]
Image credits: Guy Boily
Image credits: fotoproze
Image credits: Av Dezign
Image credits: rcgriffith7
Image credits: fotoproze
Image credits: rcgriffith7
Image credits: fotoproze
Image credits: JoKodak
Pon is a pushpin slash paperclip that will change your walls forever.
1. We’re always looking for new ways to decorate walls that don’t require a lot of commitment.
2. Now, there’s an even better solution than double stick or washi tape: Pon, a new pushpin design on Kickstarter that won’t leave holes in your art work!
3. Since push-pins were invented in 1900, not much has changed.
They’re still the same shape. They still hurt your finger if you push too hard. And they don’t work on anything really heavy or thick.
4. Pon was designed with a genius spiral that holds anything you need to hang without putting a hole in it.
Even air plants! And Polaroids! And that weird patriotic drawing of Plankton someone made!
5. Made with flexible steel, the founders say they created Pon to be tough enough to hold heavy objects and bend back into shape when you take it out.
Stage 1: The first shot is always the toughest.
You get a faint whiff of the tequila and your gag reflex does an automatic UGH as you have PTSD of throwing up after one too many shots last weekend. You get a pit in your stomach, you get little nervous, and did I mention how strong it smells?
You take a deep breath, throw it back, and immediately have a quick moment of wanting to boot everywhere. But once you throw it back you have the ultimate relief. Mazel, you did it.
Stage 2: After the first shot, the next two or drinks go down like water.
We go from “this is only my SECOND one” to losing track after missing one round, doubling up on another round, and taking that fireball shot from that rando who kinda looked like our ex. You feel attractive, you feel skinny, and most importantly, you have a GREAT buzz going on.
Somehow through alcohol we’ve remembered every word to every song, and we find it necessary to sing it loud for everyone to hear. We’ve convinced ourselves the cute guy at the end of the bar is definitely making eyes with us, and that flipping our hair a lot definitely makes us look flirty and approachable. Our group is obsessed with taking a group instagram shot because someone has the perfect caption.
Stage 3: Suddenly our buzz is no longer a good time.
We don’t feel pretty, and the guy at the end of the bar that was giving us flirty looks can kick rocks because there’s an emergency – we have to PEE! All at once we have a crippling urge and every single person in the bar is personally responsible for us not making it there fast enough – so we step on every toe possible on the rush there.
The first trip to the bathroom is a pivotal moment in and betches night out for two reasons:
(1) the minute we sits down for a second with ourselves we realize JUST how drunk we really are, how hard it is to type on our phone, and that we no longer have a center of gravity.
(2) We come out and look in the mirror horrified. We convince ourselves this bathroom must just have awful lighting because we looked A LOT different when we left for the bar and we’re worried even an Instagram filter can’t fix our now drunk eyes and jacked up hair.
Stage 4: We return to the bar distraught.
We’ve lost part of the buzz through our bladder, we are now traumatized from a monstrous bar mirror, and we can no longer find the cute guy we were making eyes with before. This is another pivotal moment that rarely ever happens with a group of girls: they split up.
Some girls will go the I’m so drunk I’m sleeping in the bar approach and refuse to leave, others will claim to have found their soul mate and demand to stay to bring him home, and the third and most prominent group will have one thing on their mind: food. Here the group will ultimately part ways because it is scientifically impossible to combine a group of girls and alcohol and not have to subtract something (whether it be clothes, morals, or group members.)
Stage 5: The post bar shenanigans.
One girl will nonchalantly pee in public (even if there’s no line in the bathroom), the classic klutz will manage to hurt herself in some way that will render a bruise or stitches tomorrow, there’s always a betch that will take her shoes off on a disgusting street just asking to get tetanus, one angry drunk betch will try to start a fight with a rando, and the emotionally unstable betch will be crying for reasons unbeknownst to everyone, including herself.
Read more: https://imgflip.com/i/a7w3m
Read more: http://quickmeme.com/p/3cuo